Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
As if the chocolate bundt cake isn't yummy enough, this has a "tunnel" of cream cheese filling with chocolate chips and fresh raspberries added to make it even more decadent!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a bundt or tube pan.
- Make filling by creaming together, cream cheese with sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in chocolate chips and set aside.
- For cake, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs and gradually add the sugar and beat until the mixture is thick and pale yellow.
- Beat in melted butter, then milk, water and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese filling evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle raspberries over the top.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 1 1/4 hours.
375 degrees? The cake was burning in less than a hour so I turned the heat down and covered with foil..Took a hour to bake..When cooled I put it on a plate ,the cake was hard and dry on the top..The inside looked gooey..There was a big hollow area in the cake where the filling settles.And the bottom which was the top in the oven had slight burn...Not impressed..My oven temp was accurate,so what went wrong?After a couple of days the cake got alittle softer,took moistness from filling. It did have a good flavor,but I wont be making it again...
After baking and cooling, it seemed very dense. But after a couple of days , it was surprisingly moist...I guess it's because of the raspberry sauce I left on it!! It came out beautifully though and I didn't have any issues taking it out of the bundt pan either. The raspberry sauce was really really good too! My photo doesn't do it much justice though :(
I made this for a birthday party and it was well received. I also used the raspberry glaze that others recommended... The recipe says it serves 16, but you could probably squeeze a few more out of it if you wanted. The cake is rather rich and several people struggled to finish their piece (even though they raved about the taste).