1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Easy and utterly irresistible! This is so delicious! Found this on BBCGoodFood.com; appeared in Good Food Magazine, 11/2004 edition. It is utterly decadent! If you want to make over the top serve with deliciously sweetened whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 ounces butter or 3 1/2 ounces margarine, plus extra for the bowl
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (British sweetener, the American brand is "King")
- 3 1/2 ounces dark muscovado sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 7 7/8 ounces self-raising flour, minus 1 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Butter the inside of a 1.2 litre (5 1/2 cup) pudding bowl and line the base with a disc of buttered greaseproof paper (parchment paper).
- 2Melt the butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan.
- 3Remove from the heat and stir in the milk and egg.
- 5Add the cocoa to the flour, then pour this mixture into the pan with the cinnamon and soda.
- 6Pour the mixture into the pudding bowl, cover tightly with foil and steam for 1 1/4 hours.
- 8Just before the end, heat the sauce ingredients until melted, stirring all the time.
- 9PUDDING & SAUCE ASSEMBLY:.
- 10Turn the pudding out (run a knife around the inside of the bowl if necessary) and discard the paper disc.
- 11Pour the sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Chocolate Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.6
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.1 mg
- Sodium 667.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g