Recipe by Manami
Easy and utterly irresistible! This is so delicious! Found this on BBCGoodFood.com; appeared in Good Food Magazine, 11/2004 edition. It is utterly decadent! If you want to make over the top serve with deliciously sweetened whipped cream.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter or 3 1⁄2 ounces margarine, plus extra for the bowl
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (British sweetener, the American brand is "King")
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dark muscovado sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 7 7⁄8 ounces self-raising flour, minus 1 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 3 1⁄2 ounces good-quality dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter the inside of a 1.2 litre (5 1/2 cup) pudding bowl and line the base with a disc of buttered greaseproof paper (parchment paper).
- Melt the butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the milk and egg.
- Add the cocoa to the flour, then pour this mixture into the pan with the cinnamon and soda.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding bowl, cover tightly with foil and steam for 1 1/4 hours.
- Just before the end, heat the sauce ingredients until melted, stirring all the time.
- PUDDING & SAUCE ASSEMBLY:.
- Turn the pudding out (run a knife around the inside of the bowl if necessary) and discard the paper disc.
- Pour the sauce over the top and serve immediately.