Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Nice light dessert
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream, whipped
- In a microwave or double boiler, heat chocolate, ¼ cup water and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and remaining water. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160; about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 5-10 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Made this for Valentines dinner! So soft & silky, true mousse! I used a combination of chocolate- semi sweet & dark chocolate. I'm a dark chocolate fan, yummy!
AWESOME RECIPE! I've used this for years, I have no idea why its never been rated. Very straight forward and easy to understand. The result is perfectly dense, wonderfully whipped mousse.