Recipe by Petdrwife
Something a little different for dessert at home or to take to a potluck besides the ole faithful pie or cake. Comes from the cookbook Dining with Pioneers.
Top Review by bricookie55
This would be a fantastic recipe, if it wasn't for the bottom layer. The crust contains way too much salt. If I were to do this over, I wouldn't add any salt to it at all. It didn't go too well with the other, very sweet layers. If this dessert didn't have the crust layer, it would have probably been 4 or 5 stars. Sorry; we still ate it, it just would have been better without all that salt.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans (chopped, toasted)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, salt, butter; stir in pecans and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool crust completely.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and 1/2 carton of cool whip, spread over cooled cookie crust.
- Mix pudding and milk, spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining coolwhip.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips or toasted chop pecan if you wish.