Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
made easier with chocolate cake mix...makes two pies..easy to make and take for a carry in...
- 18 1⁄4 ounces swiss chocolate cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen whipped dessert topping mix, thawed
- chocolate leaves, for garnish (optional)
- mint leaf, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*.Grease 2 9" round cake pans.set aside.
- to prepare CRUST:.
- place cake mix in large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives. Put half the crumbs in each pan. Press up sides and bottom of each pan.
- Bake at 350*.for 15 minutes. Cool.set aside.
- to prepare 1 ST LAYER:.
- combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in small bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread half the mixture evenly over each crust.
- to prepare 2ND LAYER:.
- prepare pudding mixes following package directions using 3 cups milk.
- Spoon half the pudding over cream cheese layer in each pan.
- to prepare 3RD LAYER:.
- spread 1 cup whipped topping on each pie. Refrigerate till ready to serve. Garnish with chocolate and mint leaves. if desired.
- One container 8 oz frozen Cool Whip, thawed will be enough for recipe.
- ******YOU CAN ALSO SUBSTITUE LEMON SUPREME CAKE MIX IN PLACE OF CHOCOLATE AND LEMON INSTANT PUDDING IN PLACE OF CHOCOLATE PIE FILLING.AND MAKE TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PIES.I LIKE TO GARNISH THE LEMON PIES WITH CANDIES LEMON SLICES.USE YOUR IMAGINATION.