Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
It is just - HEAVENLY! You might end up making 2 and freezing one just for the weekend.
- 2 cups digestive biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup toasted ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 50 g milk chocolate chips or 50 g grated chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 packet gelatin
- 500 g softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pat firmly into 9-inch springform pan, covering bottom and 2 1/2 inches up the sides.
- Leave on one side.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, milk chocolate chips.
- Stir until smooth and then set aside.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatine on top.
- Set aside for a minute.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and melted chocolate chips.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Beat in gelatine mixture and almond essence.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared pan and chill until firm for about 3 hours.
- Run knife around the edge of the cake to separate from pan, remove base carefully.
- Garnish with whipped cream or chocolate shavings, if desired.