This is a sinfully rich cake that would be wonderful for a birthday party. I found it in our local newspaper years ago and have make it numrous times. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars, crushed
- For best results, prepare cake 1 day in advance.
- Bake cake in a 9 x 13 inch cakepan according to package directions.
- Let cool completely.
- With the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over top of cake; let soak in for 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel ice cream topping over cake; let soak in for 5 minutes.
- Ice cake with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle crushed candy over top.
- Chill overnight.