This is a sinfully rich cake that would be wonderful for a birthday party. I found it in our local newspaper years ago and have make it numrous times. Enjoy!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars, crushed
- For best results, prepare cake 1 day in advance.
- Bake cake in a 9 x 13 inch cakepan according to package directions.
- Let cool completely.
- With the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over top of cake; let soak in for 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel ice cream topping over cake; let soak in for 5 minutes.
- Ice cake with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle crushed candy over top.
- Chill overnight.
Hubby loved it. I exchanged the whipped topping with fresh whipped cream, without extra sugar, but I also poured chocolate sauce with the caramel and condensed milk and a layer of crushed nuts between the cake and the topping. I never heard about Heath bars and i couldnt find any so i just left it out and decorated with chocolate sauce and nuts. Very moist cake, of course with all that extra stuff i put on, the cake couldnt suck in all the fluids and it was a puddle in the bottom of the dish :-)
Everone raved over this special occasion cake. Very rich. Simple and easy to prepare.
Good grief woman...this is an amazing cake that will cure any sweet tooth! I got nothing but ooh's and aah's from the time that I cut it all the way until I was cleaning up everyone's dishes. I wish that I could give this more stars. It's so easy to put together too. Thank you so much for posting!!