Top Review by nany
This cheesecake is great. Since my family is allergic to dairy I made it with goat cheese.I made it twice, once using all goat milk cream cheese and non dairy whipped topping,cheesecake was to heavy. I then made it using half cream cheese and half ricotta along with the non dairy whipped topping,cheesecake turned out light and fluffy. Thank You for a great dessert.Nany
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften gelatin in juice. Combine crumbs and butter.
- Press into bottom of 9 spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing well on medium.
- Gradually add gelatin.
- Chill until slightly thickened, fold in whipped cream and peel.
- Pour over crust. Chill until firm.
- Garnish with orange slices and fresh mint, if desired.