Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated reduced-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) jar diced pimentos, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup and next 5 ingredients. Reserve 1 cup sauce.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Stir together spinach, cottage cheese, and next 3 ingredients.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with half each of sauce, spinach mixture, and chicken. Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Repeat procedure. Top with remaining 3 noodles and reserved 1 cup sauce. Cover and chill up to 1 day ahead.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
What an easy way to prepare a lasagna. I added Mozzarella to the cheddar.I did cut the recipe in half; it turned out great!Thank you for sharing.