Recipe by puppitypup
Tender chicken in a delicious coconut sauce. Perfect for a weeknight meal 'cause it's quick and easy but tastes divine. I like subtle flavors, so if you like it spicy you'll want to increase the spices. Serve over rice. (BY THE WAY, don't feel bad about opening the chili packet for just a 1/4 teaspoon. I keep an opened packet on hand all the time for seasoning vegetables. Give it a try on corn on the cob, delicious!)
Top Review by BrendaThurston67
This chicken dish was enjoyed by DH and I. I served it over jasmine rice and had roasted asparagus as a side. It had a great flavor combo, and the coconut milk was a perfect touch. Thank you!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 1 -2 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 18 ounces chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (boneless or skinless)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, well shaken
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Start onion and garlic cooking over med-hi heat in pan large enough to hold chicken. Start rice according to your package directions.
- Meanwhile mix together spices and sprinkle them over cubed chicken.
- Add chicken to pan and cook, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a good simmer, then turn down to med and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve over rice.