Recipe by gijoni
This is one of my favorite dinner recipes. It's hearty and tasty, and makes a wonderful dinner entree. Preparation time is greatly reduced if boneless, skinless chicken breasts are used.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drain, reserve liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper, then saute' in butter until browned.
- Add onions and mushrooms, continue cooking 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in sherry, peas, and broth; cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in mushroom liquid and stir into chicken mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes longer.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.