- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (2.0 ounces)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat and onion, seasoning with salt, pepper and whatever spices you choose; drain the grease.
- Beat the eggs with the cream and cayenne & pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the meat and cheese and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9 1/2-10" pie plate.
- Bake at 400º 25-30 minutes until browned and it appears set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting -- don't be afraid of adding a splash of hot sauce if the person enjoys some "kick" in their meal!