Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Is it possible to have a chicken or turkey burger that tastes better than a beef one? I didn't think so until now. Here's my latest invention without all the extra fat that beef burgers have and so delicious. Please make sure you use an authentic high quality soy sauce. Cheap brands such as Le Choy will not do. Serve with carmelized onions, lettuce, tomato, pickle and your favorite condiment and enjoy!
- 1020.58 g ground chicken or 1020.58 g turkey
- 59.14 ml dark hi-quality soy sauce
- 44.37 ml dark brown sugar
- 3 cloves freshly crushed garlic or 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml oregano
- 29.58 ml cumin powder
- salt and hot pepper or black pepper, as desired
- Mix well and form into patties.
- Grill or pan fry until lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve with carmelized onions (onions sauted in oil over low heat until nicely browned).
Nice burger. I scaled the recipe back to make four burgers. Served them with caramelized onions and roasted red peppers. :)
Great tasting burger and loved the cumin in it! I used ground turkey and omitted the sugar, sorry I realized too late that it had sugar listed as an ingredient, and think this would have been too sweet for my taste which is no fault of this recipe. Thanks scancan for posting. Made for Cooking From The Pantry Challenge Game.