Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kind of a quick and easy mud cake type brownie recipe from my MIL.
- 1 (21 1/4 ounce) boxbetty crocker chocolate chunk brownie mix (or your favorite boxed brownie mix, at least 19.8 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons water (*or ingredients called for by your brownie mix)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil (*or ingredients called for by your brownie mix)
- 2 eggs (*or ingredients called for by your brownie mix)
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup pecans (halves or coarsely broken)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (large will work too)
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 lb powdered sugar (1 regular sized box)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare brownie mix with the water, canola oil and eggs, or as directed on the box of the mix you choose.
- Pour into pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the pecans over this.
- Combine the margarine, baking chocolate and milk in a saucepan, cooking over low heat.
- Empty powdered sugar into mixing bowl, then add chocolate mixture and vanilla, combining well.
- Spread frosting over brownies.
- Allow to cool, then serve.