Prep 18 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like to serve it with a scoop of icre-cream in cinnamon or sweet-cream flavor.
- 5 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Heat oven up to 350°F.
- Cut slices of bread into cubes.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, and butter but do not allow to boil.
- Add the vanilla and sugar, when a bit cooled.
- Pour part of the milk mixture into the beaten eggs and whisk until all blended.
- Pour this mixture back into the milk mixture in the saucepan.
- Add the baking powder and blend until smooth.
- Lay the cubes of bread onto a 8x8 baking dish and pour over it the liquid prepared above.
- Wait 5 minutes for the bread to saturate with mixture.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until it browns.
- Serve it with a scoop of ice-cream, otherwise, serving with custard sauce is receommended.