Recipe by MARGO MARTINET
Top Review by Chef TanyaW
This has WAY too much balsamic and way too much garlic. However, I give it 3 stars because it makes a good "concentrate" to mix with mayo for a pretty yummy dip (ratio 1 part dip to 2-3 parts mayo... taste until it's to your liking). I used to have a similar recipe that had about half as much garlic and about 1/2 cup balsamic... it's much better in a different proportion... now I just need to experiment and get it right. Thanks for giving a good set of ingredients that I know will be fabulous once I can figure out the correct ratios. Honestly , with the current ratios it was a true pucker moment for everyone that tried it... and no one came back for more. I have enough "concentrate" to last months.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 15 cloves garlic, pressed
- 15 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄4 lb fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄8 lb fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces jalapenos, seeded and minced (more if you like the heat...)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and allow to stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Spoon onto warm french or italian bread.
- It's actually better if you let it marinate in the fridge overnight-- It looks like swamp goop-- but wow is it great with hot bread!
- As your guests eat it-- you can replenish it with more oil and vinegar-- up to about 1/2 cup each.