Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 15 cloves garlic, pressed
- 15 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄4 lb fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄8 lb fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces jalapenos, seeded and minced (more if you like the heat...)
- Mix and allow to stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Spoon onto warm french or italian bread.
- It's actually better if you let it marinate in the fridge overnight-- It looks like swamp goop-- but wow is it great with hot bread!
- As your guests eat it-- you can replenish it with more oil and vinegar-- up to about 1/2 cup each.
okay, similar to a recipe I have used but am too lazy to put in! My recipe uses 2 heads garlic and just 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (and no basil, thyme, or jalapenos)... but it is a delicious dip. I'm looking forward to trying the additions. Thanks!
fantastic my guests couldn't get enough, accompanied by a dry champagne it knocked them out !