Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
I love to get my blue cheese any way I can get it! OMG, this recipe is out of this world. Make ahead (and stuff later) so that the seasonings have a chance come together. The flavors are outstanding and works very well together. I did not detect any "heat" from the chili powder or pepper. Top your burger with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- 1814.36 g lean ground beef
- 88.74 ml fresh chives, fresh, snipped
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, fresh, fine chop
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 3.30 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 3.69 ml fresh ground pepper
- 453.59 g blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT the blue cheese.
- Divide ground beef evenly.
- Press into a patty, remove center and create a deep well for the blue cheese. Add blue cheese to the well.
- Place center portion on top of blue cheese and press into place, careful to completely cover the cheese.
- Grill to desired doneness. Medium to medium rare is best.