Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This delicious, slow-cooked beef stew will make your house smell like heaven all day.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 large carrots
- 2 onions
- 20 ounces condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 20 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- morton's nature's seasoning
- Chop all vegetables into generous-sized chunks and place them in a large ceramic or casserole dish.
- Trim excess fat off stew beef and add it to the pan.
- Add the water, tomatoes, soup (use fat-free, it tastes the same in this recipe!), wine, and spices.
- Cover the dish and place it in the oven at 325 degrees. Cook for many hours - at least five, but you can leave it there all day.
- Serve with good bread for dipping.
Very good and easy! I made this in a crockpot (low for 8 hours). The changes I made was using a bit more beef than called for and also only used 10 oz of cream of celery soup (but added one soup can of water to it to equal the 20 ounces. I also didn't know what nature's seasoning was so I used salt. I thought this was very good but could have used some extra spices to kick it up a notch. Thanks for sharing!