Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Shower people" don't know what they are missing with this little goodie!! A "kissing cousin" to the bath bomb, these truffles are basically melted cocoa butter mixed with other ingredients that has been solidified back into nice little shapes. These truffles were one of my biggest sellers when I had a toiletry business and are probably one of my absolute favorite "bath stuff". My customers would come back to me and say that they no longer had to use candles to scent their bathrooms, when they had these little truffles!!!! Detailed instructions are included with possible scent blends to choose from. Conversion of gram to ounce: 1 ounce = 28.4 g
- 114 g cocoa butter, chopped into fine pieces
- 190 g baking soda
- 108 g citric acid
- 18 g cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon essential oil
- Whisk together the baking soda, citric acid and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Melt cocoa butter in microwave in a glass container for approximately 3 minutes (be careful when removing from oven as glass is hot). Add dry ingredients to melted cocoa butter. Add essential oils. Mix again.
- With a spatula, place some mixture into ice cube trays or small molds -- re-mixing after every 3 or 4th time. Clean edges, then place in freezer for 30 minutes. Pop truffles out of tray (may need to thaw a bit if they are not coming out easily).
- Store in glass jars or plastic bags. Excellent for gifts.
- Note: The molds you choose won't matter like they do for bath bombs. But -- don't make the molds too big or you are are going to waste product and your bath will be a slippery mess! Baking soda does not reheat so make sure to have enough trays to use. I found ice cube trays that are shaped like little half balls. You don't want any more than 1 - 1-1/2 tsp of product per cube. I have found that Ikea sometimes has really cute ice cube trays shaped in stars, hearts and circles with holes in the middle. Or, if you can get your hands on them -- candy molds would work very well -- again, depending on the size.
- My Favorite scent combinations: Equal parts of Sandlewood and Patchouli (Sensual) Equal parts of Orange, Geranium, Patchouli (Relaxing), Equal parts of Tea Tree and Peppermint (Uplifting) My first two are my favorites!