Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on another website (http://snider.mardox.com/). They are definitely my favorite cookies! I especially like how moist they are. The number of cookies is a rough estimate - sorry 'bout that!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup banana, ripe & mashed (~2)
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat in softened butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, banana, and quick oats to bowl and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, then place on a rack to cool.
Love these - definitely could use a few tweaks - like others said - I used half white and half brown sugar, and also added a tsp of vanilla. Baked at 350 for about 12 minutes and they seem divine so far! Let's see how they keep - or how LONG they will keep!
These are so yummy! Very moist and chewy (Which is what an oatmeal cookie should be). I added a tsp. of vanilla and did half a cup of white and half a cup of brown sugar (and added extra mini chocolate chips, because it's Christmas and I can be a little bad!). I also only baked them for 12 minutes at 350F. Next time I would add a little extra banana as well.
Easy to make...great taste. Will definitely make these again - thanks!!