1 hr 15 mins
Chef #580861 Nesbitt's Note:
Oh my gosh! My brother told me how to make this years ago and asked if I would make it for him. We had cleaned some fresh quail and his wife was out of town. I did and was instantly hooked on this meal. We had this like every night for a week and at least once a week after due to the fact we raised quail on the farm at the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In frying pan heat about 2 inches of oil.
- 2Cut each quail in half down the back.
- 3Wrap bacon piece around each half and secure with toothpicks.
- 4Dredge in flour and fry in the oil until light brown.
- 5Drain on paper towel,and place in casserole dish,throw in the onion,bell pepper,and seasonings.Mix the soup with the water and pour over the quail.
- 6Cover and bake at 350°F about one hour or until done.Pierce quail with fork to check if it is tender.If it is,leave cover off for ten minutes then remove from oven.
- 7Remove the toothpicks.
- 8Serve over hot rice or mashed potatoes.
- 9Good with hot buttered biscuits.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavenly Baked Quail
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.9
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 1483.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 33.2 g