Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Unlike most other crisps, this recipe does not add any additional sugar to the fruit, which can often make the crisp too sweet. I find that the natural sugars add enough sweetness to this absolutly delicious recipe.
- 4 cups peeled cored and sliced tart apples
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 uncooked oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 (F).
- Arrange apples in greased 8x8x2 inch square pan.
- Mix topping ingredients until well blended; sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake until top is golden brown, and apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Let the crisp cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Very nice! I used whole wheat flour with terrific results.
Thanks for sharing a great recipe! My bf doesn't like pumpkin pie so i substitued this recipe for our Thanksgivng meal. It was thoroughly enjoyed by both of us!