Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe makes a large amount, sufficient to serve 12-15. It is always well-received when I take it to covered dish meals at church. While it is not for those on low-carb diets, it is acceptable for low fat diets.
- 1 (1 lb) box angel hair pasta
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra light vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons steak seasoning (Lawry's Season Salt will work)
- 4 spring onions, chopped fine with some of green part
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Mix salad oil, steak seasoning and lemon juice and pour over pasta along with olives.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, add mayonnaise, water and onions.
- Toss and serve with Parmesan on side.
- NOTE: Cook time refers primarily to chill time.
I am constantly surprised,and very pleased to find simple and great tasting pasta salads,and this one is simply great. Lorene