Recipe by Sharon123
Delicate angel hair pasta served with spinach, tomato and lime sauce, a treat indeed! From the Pasta cookbook. You may substitute lemon for the lime, if desired.
Top Review by aronsinvest
I used 10 oz. of pasta. I sauteed the garlic and added a thinly sliced onion to the garlic. I also added a small container of feta at the end. My husband said it was heavenly. LOL and he never saw the recipe so I guess it must be. :)
- 1 lb very ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch of tender Baby Spinach
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 2 ounces angel hair pasta (capellini)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatoes, spinach, garlic, lime zest and juice in a bowl. Stir in the Tabasco sauce and olive oil, cover and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta until done, about 10 minutes(less for al dente).
- Drain the pasta and return to clean pan. Add the tomato mixture and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the Parmesan cheese to taste, toss again, and serve in warm bowls, with extra Parmesan on top, if desired. Enjoy!
- You could substitute young sorrel leaves or rocket for the spinach, and lemon juice and rind for the lime.