Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a decadent chocolate desert that I had the wonderful opportunity of experiencing in my early teens. They are a delightfully unique snack involving sweet and savory tastes. A company used to manufacture these "Angel Chips", but I have not been able to find them online anymore, so I've decided to produce them myself in the comfort of my home and free of shipping charges!
- 6 potato chips (Ruffles Classic, has to be the kind with ridges)
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce (warm)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate, melted (type that firms up when cooled, try Magic Shell)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (suggest almonds or peanuts)
- Heat caramel and chocolate sauces, but be careful not to scorch. You want to heat these over a medium low setting and let them slowly melt.
- Put almonds or other desired nuts into a shallow bowl for dipping. I wouldn't suggest walnuts because of their texture (they are soft and these chips taste good with the crunchy and smooth textures combined).
- Dip each chip into caramel, then nuts, then chocolate.
- Let cool so chocolate hardens slightly, but don't refridgerate or the caramel will become too stiff and hard to chew.
- ***Instead of prepared chocolate sauce, you can opt to make it yourself by using about 4 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips and about 1 tbsp of butter and sugar to taste.