Recipe by Evan's Mommy
A great dessert for Summer pitch-ins! Especially good if you can refrigerate it for several hours or overnight so that the flavors intensify fuller.
- 1 10 inch round angel food cake, from bakery
- 1 (16 ounce) can lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling (or your favorite)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 cups fresh berries
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut angel food cake horizontally into three sections, forming three layers of cake.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine pie filling with whipped topping and stir until smooth.
- Spread 1/3 of the topping on the bottom layer of the angel food cake.
- Place the middle layer of angel food cake on and spread another 1/3 of the mixture over that layer.
- Add the top layer and frost the top part of the cake with the remaining mixture.
- Cover and refridgerate until serving time, overnight if possible.
- Combine your berries and kiwi fruit and keep in a covered bowl in the refrigerator until ready to serve cake.
- To serve, cut the cake into 12 slices and top with 1/3 cup of the berries and kiwi mix.