Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ambrosia Salad is very yummy, but I hate canned fruit and they way the dessert turns if you leave it in the fridge more than a day. I don’t put fruit into mine, I serve it with sliced bananas on-top instead. I don’t mix the banana slices into the pudding mixture because they will go brown and discolor the dessert, wait until serving. This is an easy recipe you can easily make ahead. The coconut, nuts, and marshmallows can all be adjusted to your liking, adding more or less where desired.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 (85 g) envelopes Dream Whip
- 3 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 large bananas, sliced
- I a bowl mix together pudding mix with two cups of milk, put in fridge.
- In a mixer with the whisk attachment, whip both packets of dream whip with 1 cups of cold milk and vanilla extract.
- When dream whip is light and fluffy, fold in the pudding.
- Now stir in coconut, nuts and marshmallows.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Serve with banana slices and enjoy!