Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this on the Recipe4Living Website this morning. I didn't see one exactly like it on Zaar so I wanted to put it here to try. Sounds like a wonderful holiday salad!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup green seedless grape
- 1 cup banana, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup bing cherry, pitted
- 1 cup orange, diced
- 1 cup cantaloupe (optional)
- 2 plums, diced
- 2 cups marshmallows, miniature kind
- In small saucepan, mix eggs with sugar, orange juice and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and salt.
- Cool; then, fold in sour cream.
- Chill while preparing fruits.
- To make the salad, combine fruits and marshmallow.
- Fold in creamy dressing; spoon carefully into serving bowl.
- Chill 24 hours to allow fruits and dressing flavors to blend fully.
- Garnish with fruits and sprigs of mint if desired.