Recipe by Monica Lin
If you like macaroons, you will love this granola. Besides the sweet tooth fix, your whole body will get satisfied with a "whole grain" breakfast fix!
- 12 cups rolled oats, and grain mix
- 2 cups cracked wheat
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 5 cups macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 4 cups raw flaked coconut
- 2 cups dried pineapple (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups hulled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup golden flax seed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure maple syrup (no sub)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure natural honey
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon pure pineapple extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F and you will need 3-4 glass baking dishes 1 1/2 - 2 inches deep.
- In a large roasting pan combine the first 9 dry ingredients (oats, flour, flax meal, cracked wheat, flaked coconut, macadamia nuts, pineapple, sunflower seeds, flax seed); mix well.
- In large glass bowl mix the next 7 wet ingredients & salt (coconut milk, canola oil, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut & pineapple extract). Whisk until it becomes emulsified & cloudy in appearance.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients & mix very well, making sure that all dry ingredients are coated with the wet ingredients (about 10 minutes).
- Spoon ingredients into the baking dishes making sure not to put more than 1" deep into any one dish. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes and rotating the pans on the lower rack to the upper rack. Remove from oven & stir once again and let cool completely in pans.
- I make up 3 oz. servings & seal in bags. Can be frozen for 6 months and taken out as needed. Makes 60 servings.