Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ladies and Gentlemen, I kid you not! This is the best Chocolate Cake I have ever tasted without a doubt. This cake is so moist,so wonderful its hard to describe any further. This is the only cake I have ever eaten that tastes wonderful enough on its own. It does not need frosting if you so choose. Its batter is so thick, feel free to throw in some chocolate chips. I promise you, they wont sink to the bottom of the pan. When ever I have made it, I like to keep it in the refrigerator. I think the flavor and the moistness is enhanced when it comes out nice and cold. Sit back and grab yourself a glass of milk and enjoy!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly mist a 12 cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour.
- Place cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, warm water and oil in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.Scrape down sides of bowl and then on medium speed beat another 2-3 minutes more. The batter will be nice and thick. Fold in chocolate chips if desired,making sure they are well distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing it out with a rubber spatula.
- Place in oven.
- Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven when finished and let cool for 20 mintues. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a wire rack or waxed paper to cool completely. Serve while still warm or enjoy it nice and cold straight from the fridge with a nice glass of milk. May sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with any of your favorite frostings or eat it plain. Anyway is a good one I promise.