Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "Busy Woman's Cookbook". Authored by Sharon and Gene McFall.
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 cups frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside.
- Cook frozen hash brown potatoes in reserved drippings until golden.
- Crumble 2 slices of bacon and stir into potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese atop potatoes.
- Place remaining 4 slices of bacon in an "X" atop cheese.
- Carefully break one egg into each triangle formed by bacon.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are set.
This is very good. My family loved it. Thanks.
This is an excellent breakfast meal. Very filling. Love the monterey jack cheese in this. I used regular hashbrowns without the onions and peppers and it worked well for us. Thanks for a keeper.