Recipe by *Z*
I got this recipe out of a magazine at work. It was probably a Southern Living magazine but I'm not sure. I haven't made this yet.
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almonds, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into 1 inch squares and softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup whipping cream and eggs together at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 3 more minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Process almonds, butter, sugar and flour until almonds are finely chopped and mixture is creamy.
- Be sure to scrape down sides.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Drop almond mixture evenly over warm cake.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until almond mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread almond mixture evenly over cake.
- Broil cake 4 inches from heat 1 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- The edges of the cake may get dark.
- Cool on wire rack.