Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 36 mins
I got this recipe out of a magazine at work. It was probably a Southern Living magazine but I'm not sure. I haven't made this yet.
- Beat cake mix, 1 cup whipping cream and eggs together at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 3 more minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Process almonds, butter, sugar and flour until almonds are finely chopped and mixture is creamy.
- Be sure to scrape down sides.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Drop almond mixture evenly over warm cake.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until almond mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread almond mixture evenly over cake.
- Broil cake 4 inches from heat 1 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- The edges of the cake may get dark.
- Cool on wire rack.