I Love Figs!'s Note:
I used to tend bar at this luxury hotel in Portland, Oregon. This is the best Bloody Mary mix I've ever had and I've only modified it slightly to suit my own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cocktail onion
- 1 -2 ounce brine (from the cocktail onions)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or more, if you like garlic)
- 1/2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3 ounces worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth (such as Noilly Prat)
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground pepper (30 turns of the mill)
- 64 ounces tomato juice (NOT V-8)
- 1Place all ingredients EXCEPT tomato juice into blender and puree (about 5 minutes).
- 2Empty contents into gallon jar and fill the blender with tomato juice (so as not to leave any flavor behind!), then pour into gallon jar with other pureed ingredients. (Note: do not blend the tomato juice - it is poured into the blender just to capture the remains of the pureed flavors).
- 3Shake well! Best to make this a day ahead so the flavors have a chance to co-mingle.
- 4Be creative with the garnish! In addition to the typical celery stick and a lemon or lime wedge, consider these: marinated asparagus spear, olives (especially garlic stuffed or similar), marinated mushrooms, hearts of palm, marinated green beans, caper berry, cherry tomato - I usually combine a couple of these onto a short skewer.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heathman Hotel Bloody Mary Mix
Serving Size: 1 (2054 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10149.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 195.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.4 g
- Sugars 145.0 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: