Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on site called Kalyn's Kitchen and my family loves it! You would never guess that it's a healthy recipe with as quickly as it disappears in my house. The chops get extremely tender and the sauce is slightly spicy without being overkill. Make sure you use a spatula to get the chops out in one piece because they tend to get "fall apart" tender.
- 4 pork chops, with fat trimmed (I used pork loin sirloin chops)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or Vege-Sal)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup salsa (I used an Aldi's house brand with Medium heat but we like stuff a little spicy)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Trim all fat around the edges of pork chops and discard fat.
- Combine ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and fresh ground black pepper in a small bowl; then use the spice mixture to rub the trimmed pork chops on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan, add pork chops and cook over medium heat until well-browned, about 4 minutes per side. (The pork chops don't need to be done clear though, but they should be nicely browned.)
- Spray sides and bottom of the slow cooker with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Put browned pork chops into the slow cooker, pour over salsa-lime mixture, and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until the pork chops are very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve hot, with a little sauce spooned over each pork chops.