3 hrs 20 mins
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this recipe on site called Kalyn's Kitchen and my family loves it! You would never guess that it's a healthy recipe with as quickly as it disappears in my house. The chops get extremely tender and the sauce is slightly spicy without being overkill. Make sure you use a spatula to get the chops out in one piece because they tend to get "fall apart" tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork chops, with fat trimmed (I used pork loin sirloin chops)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or Vege-Sal)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup salsa (I used an Aldi's house brand with Medium heat but we like stuff a little spicy)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1Trim all fat around the edges of pork chops and discard fat.
- 2Combine ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and fresh ground black pepper in a small bowl; then use the spice mixture to rub the trimmed pork chops on both sides.
- 3Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan, add pork chops and cook over medium heat until well-browned, about 4 minutes per side. (The pork chops don't need to be done clear though, but they should be nicely browned.)
- 4Spray sides and bottom of the slow cooker with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- 5Put browned pork chops into the slow cooker, pour over salsa-lime mixture, and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until the pork chops are very tender when pierced with a fork.
- 6Serve hot, with a little sauce spooned over each pork chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heathly Crock Pot Salsa Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.5
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 789.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 42.3 g