Recipe by Chef LK
This is a delicious wholesome bread that is perfect for breakfast or snack. The whole house will smell of the wonderful aroma of this freshly baked masterpiece that turns out perfectly every time. Very rich in vitamin A. Optional to add Wheat Germ, Walnuts, or Grated Zucchini as it is a very forgiving recipe. Enjoy. May do muffins or mini loafs.
Top Review by DanaJoy!
This is a great recipe! I followed another reviewer's advice and substituted 3/4 cup applesauce for the oil. I also sprayed with nonstick spray. In addition, I exchanged 1 cup oats ground for 1 cup of the flour per her recommendation. Great idea. We're trying to eat healthy, so added 2 tablespoons of wheat germ and 2 tablespoons of flax seed. Baked for 70 minutes. Very moist and best of all healthy. We ate it all, so I'm making another loaf tomorrow. Thanks, Chef LK.
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a large loaf pan (approx. 8 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, pumpkin puree, oil, eggs and vanilla until combined well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, erythritol (or sugar), baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients in large bowl and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until top is deeply browned and springs back when touched gently, about 70 to 85 minutes.