Recipe by Jasmine.
The beauty of stuff like chili is that you can just dump a whole bunch of stuff in a pot and let it simmer. Voila, chili! You never know when you are going to fall in love with a recipe. My old roommate made this for me 7 years ago and I'm still making it! Smoky, hearty and the beer adds a nice kick. Perfect for leftovers and cold days.
- 340.19 g package soy crumbles
- 2 onions, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, diced
- 184.27 g chipotle chiles in adobo, coarsely chopped
- 425.24 g can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 340.19 g bottle Guinness stout
- 793.78 g can fire-roasted tomatoes (whole)
- 411.06 g can fire-roasted tomatoes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 158.51 ml cashews (serve as garnish, otherwise it gets mushy when reheated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the soy crumble with the onions and garlic in some olive oil.
- Add the fresh peppers, saute until softened.
- Add your spices (or at least half of what you plan to use) to the crumble.
- Add chipotle peppers and adobo sauce (to taste).
- Add tomatoes & beer; simmer for 15 -20 minutes. Depends on how hungry you are!
- Add beans and more seasoning to taste if desired.
- Stir it all up.
- Simmer over low heat. Longer is always better. (25-40 minutes).
- Garnish with cashews.
- Serve with cheese and tortillas, you're good to go.