Recipe by HEATHER H.
I adapted this recipe to make it fit my dietary needs as a vegetarian. It makes a lot, but divide into sandwich sized bags and freeze for quick future meals. This cooks all day in the crock pot and makes the entire house smell amazing! NOTE: If you have a newer crock pot that cooks fast, don't let this cook all day. I made that mistake and even though it was on low, it burned my sauce. Maybe on "low" for part of the day and "warm" for the rest. Or start it on low mid-afternoon. This only applies to newer/faster cooking crock pots. I didn't have this issue with any of the previous crock pots I owned.
- 6 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 cup dried oregano
- 1⁄8 cup dried basil
- 1 (12 ounce) package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- 3⁄4 cup vegan brown sugar