Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another of my friend Heather's treats. A delicious mango bean salsa. This is so good, light and refreshing. It tastes best when refrigerated for an hour or two but may be eaten after 15 minutes.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted & diced
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled, pitted & diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed green olive, diced (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup carrot, sweet. shredded (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion, mango, avacado, red pepper, corn, beans, olives, carrotes, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Let stand 10 - 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Stir in cilantro and enjoy with your favorite chips.
I've made this twice and everyone loved it. I don't like olives but everything else was great! Not only is it yummy, it's also good for you!!
Oh my goodness, this was sooo good! Made tonight and took along to a BBQ for family and everyone seemed to love something different about it - I did use a whole avacado and red pepper, but otherised followed everything exactly.... after a second trip to the store after botching the first mango (had to watch a Utube demonstration on how to cut) everything was easy peasy. Personally, I enjoyed the green olives in this! Served with baked tortilla chips. Will be making again! Made for Please Review game.
very good, I omitted the avocado and cilantro and did a few minor amount adjustments, this definately improves with chilling time, thanks for sharing BK!