Recipe by dukeswalker
We are huge cookie fans and possible even bigger cookie dough fans! Realizing it probably wasn't all that great to be allowing my family to devour chunks of cookie dough at a time - I created a SAFE TO EAT raw cookie dough recipe. We keep this in the fridge and grab a hunk whenever we feel the urge - and we also freeze scoops of this stuff to snack on later. Perfect for mixing into ice cream.
Top Review by SashasMommy
This recipe is awesome! I made a few changes... found out my milk was bad so I used half-n-half instead. I also used all white flour and cook-and-serve pudding because that's all I had on hand. I used mini chocolate chips so only needed 1 cup. I used it to make chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream for my hubby for his Valentine's Day present. It's yummy!!
UPDATE - made this again for Hubby for Valentine's Day this year, only this time I used a cookie cutter to cut it into heart shapes and rolled the rest in balls and flash froze them. Then I put them in a cute Valentine's box and kept it in the freezer until I gave it to him. Now he can take out bites at a time as he wants them.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light in color.
- Add pudding and combine well.
- Stir in vanilla and milk.
- Add baking soda, if you choose to & flour 1/2 cup at a time until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Store in fridge or freeze small scoops in the freezer.
- Enjoy, WITHOUT the worry of eating raw eggs.
- You can choose to leave out the baking soda, but it adds a nice flavor to the dough, and I find we miss it when it is not there.