1/2 Photos of Heather's Creme De Menthe Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Yummy cake to make anytime, but especially good around the holidays. You can use chocolate cake mix in place of the yellow cake mix, as pictured in the photos. You can also change the puddings and liqueurs to your favorite, and add toppings of your choice for variety.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml peppermint candies, like powder or 236.59 ml candy cane, very finely crushed like powder
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 99.22 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml water
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml creme de menthe (liqueur) or 177.44 ml irish cream (liqueur)
- 118.29 ml butter
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml creme de menthe (liqueur) or 59.14 ml irish cream (liqueur)
- 1Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan.
- 2In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- 3Mix in eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup oil and 3/4 cup Creme de Menthe or Irish Creme. Beat for 5 minutes at high speed. Pour batter in pan.
- 4Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- 5Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto the serving dish.
- 6Prick top and sides of cake.
- 7Spoon glaze over top and brush onto sides of cake.
- 8Allow to absorb glaze. Repeat until all glaze is used up.
- 9Sprinkle fine peppermint dust on top of cake.
- 11In a saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil, and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 12Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup Creme de Menthe or Irish Cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heather's Creme De Menthe Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.6
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 481.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: