Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Yummy cake to make anytime, but especially good around the holidays. You can use chocolate cake mix in place of the yellow cake mix, as pictured in the photos. You can also change the puddings and liqueurs to your favorite, and add toppings of your choice for variety.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Nice cake but there is confusion in the name, ingredients and instructions and picture. Cake is called Creme De Menthe, ingredients say to use Irish cream, instructions refer to the title again by asking you to use creme de menthe then to top it off the photo looks like a dark cake, like chocolate. I'm so confused! I crushed candy canes but if I make this again I'd use the powder peppermint candies. The glaze was to die for! Oh yes, I used creme de menthe when making my cake.
- 1 cup peppermint candies, like powder or 1 cup candy cane, very finely crushed like powder
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup creme de menthe (liqueur) or 3⁄4 cup irish cream (liqueur)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe (liqueur) or 1⁄4 cup irish cream (liqueur)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- Mix in eggs, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup oil and 3/4 cup Creme de Menthe or Irish Creme. Beat for 5 minutes at high speed. Pour batter in pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto the serving dish.
- Prick top and sides of cake.
- Spoon glaze over top and brush onto sides of cake.
- Allow to absorb glaze. Repeat until all glaze is used up.
- Sprinkle fine peppermint dust on top of cake.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil, and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 cup Creme de Menthe or Irish Cream.