Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
There's several "similar" recipes, but not one exactly like this!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix first four ingredients together and pat into a greased sheet cake pan.
- Beat last four ingredients together and pour over crust.
- Bake at 325 degress F. for 40 - 45 minutes.
This was super easy to put together. The bottom layer was really nice with the chopped pecans and the topping was similar to a cheese danish! However, I was hesitant about using a whole box of powdered sugar, and I did find that it was a little too sweet for me. I would like to experiment with this using less sugar. Made for Kittencal's Fall Mini Cook-a-Thon.