Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are awesome!!!!! My housemate makes these at Christmas for gifts. They freeze well, too.
Make and share this Heather's Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups whole wheat flour or 4 cups spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup soymilk (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups dried cranberries (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond (chopped)
- combine all dry ingredients (except cranberries and almonds) in one bowl.
- combine all wet ingredients add dry mixture to wet mixture a little at a time, stirring till moist.
- if mixture is too dry, add soymilk.
- fold in nuts and berries.
- pour mixture into 2 large or 8 small non-stick bread pans and bake at 350 for 20-60 minutes.
This was a hearty bread. It was tasty and smelled great while baking, but the tase wasn't what I expected. The dough was pretty dry and I did add the extra soy milk. I liked the idea of using whole wheat flour and soy milk, but with all the flour I thought the bread was very dense and heavy.