1/4 Photos of Heather's Baked Caramel Corn
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
Air popped popcorn lightly coated in caramel. Ready to eat in less than an hour!! Also good with pecans or almonds, add at Instruction #2
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250 and coat roaster pan with butter or cooking spray - I use a non-stick roaster, which is just perfect for this recipe.
- 2Pop popcorn right into roaster pan.
- 3Over medium heat (don't go any higher or it might burn - I set my burner at 4.5 on a 9 scale), combine butter, brown sugar, splenda, karo syrup and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil - Boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- 6Working quickly, dump caramel mixture onto popcorn and stir until well distributed.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes stirring once after 15 minutes to even out the caramel making sure that all pieces are coated nicely.
- 8If you like, cool popcorn on parchment paper, especially if you aren't using a non-stick pan - I just leave mine in the non-stick roaster, stirring every once in awhile until completely cool.
- 9Store in covered tupperware dish - if you have any leftover!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heather's Baked Caramel Corn
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: