Recipe by Lennie
From my celebrity recipe collection; this one is delicious.
Top Review by Virginia Chandler
Excellent dish!!! Definite keeper!!! I made a few additions. I like things a little spicy so I added about a tablespoon of pepper to the flour. I doubled the sauce and since I didn't know what kind of side dish to serve I added veggies to this. I added 16 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms to the onions and sauteed. I added a 14 ounce can artichoke hearts when I added the cream. Great one dish meal.This would also be good over pasta
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- fresh tarragon (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and dredge with flour; reserve remaining flour.
- In large skillet, heat 3 tbsp butter and brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate to hold.
- Add shallots to the skillet and saute briefly.
- Add wine; cook the liquid over high heat until most is evaporated, while scraping loose all brown particles.
- Add reserved flour and whisk to make thick paste.
- Sprinkle with tarragon and whisk in the broth.
- Return the chicken to skillet; cover and cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to heated platter and keep hot.
- Add remaining butter and the cream to the skillet.
- Heat, stirring the sauce, then pour over the chicken.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs.