Recipe by momstar
Just made these for a bake sale, very soft and delicious. Got the recipe of the heath bits pkg. A very easy recipe to make and not time consuming.
Top Review by Laurie T.
Great recipe !! Mine turned out perfect followed the recipe exact and they are delicious. baked at 375 for 8mins on parchment lined cookies sheet, took out and let stand on cookie sheet for 2 mins and then moved the parchment paper with cookies on it over to the cooling rack. parchment paper makes things so much easier. These came out moist and chewy !!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) packageheath toffee pieces, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Add egg; beat just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; graduallt beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup toffee bits; reserve remainder for topping.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet; top each with reserved toffee bits.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool Completely.