Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
They taste just like heath bars this recipe comes from my girl friend Patience
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces grated chocolate
- saltine crackers (enough to fill a cookie sheet)
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place saltines on foil lined sheet.
- In a sauce pan combine brown sugar and butter; boil together for 1 minute. Take off stove and add 1/4 tsp baking soda. Stir well and pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 8 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or on top of stove and spread over baked crackers while still hot. You may need to put back in oven for a minute.
- When cool, break apart and then store in the refrigerator.
Yummmm Yummmm.Can't wait to try these.
This is exactly the recipe I was looking for. I remember my Mom making these when I was little. Thanks for posting!
These were pretty good and didn't last long in our house. They tasted kind of salty to me so next time I will buy unsalted saltines to make them. The rest of my family use so much salt on their food that it usually looks like it snowed and were apparently oblivious to the salt in these. Thank you for sharing this recipe Evalyn. I will definitely make them again.