Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like Heath bars, you will love these. These are from a cookbook from the American Swedish Institute.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Heath candy bar, chopped
- Mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and margarine with pastry blender.
- Set aside one cup of mixture.
- To the larger portion, add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch pan.
- To the remaining one cup of mixture, add the chopped Heath bars.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove to rack and cool.