Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are super with softened butter or flavored spreads; try with the other candy bars at least once!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten,at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups heath bar toffee pieces (or shattered Butterfinger or Milky Way bars)
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line 12 standard-size muffin cups with paper wrappers; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add the milk mixture and stir just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the Heath Bar bits.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups; bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in tins before removing to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store airtight at room temperature.
Yummy! And super fast. I made it to satisfy a semi-late night craving and whipped it up quick. I didn't have a problem with the batter being stiff that the PP had- and to note, it is impossible to specify exactly how much batter goes in b/c muffin tins do vary in size. Thank you JamesDean'sGirl!
I tested this recipe in the hopes that I could use it for a future bake sale...But alas, there was a problem with it's rising, as in the muffins rose barely 1/4 inch before stopping...It's possible that there wasn't enough batter in each cup (2/3 full), but unfortunately the recipe does NOT specify how much batter to put in each cup...The batter was also incredibly stiff and elastic, something I'm not accustomed to in muffin batter...Even so, once baked, they were very yummy slathered with butter while still warm...This one's going into my re-test file because it does show promise, but as such, I can only give 4 stars out of 5...
DH & kids happily wolfed these down for breakfast! They said thumbs up!! The toffee pieces melted & looked gooey & delicious!