Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
These are super with softened butter or flavored spreads; try with the other candy bars at least once!
Top Review by lolablitz
Yummy! And super fast. I made it to satisfy a semi-late night craving and whipped it up quick. I didn't have a problem with the batter being stiff that the PP had- and to note, it is impossible to specify exactly how much batter goes in b/c muffin tins do vary in size. Thank you JamesDean'sGirl!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten,at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups heath bar toffee pieces (or shattered Butterfinger or Milky Way bars)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line 12 standard-size muffin cups with paper wrappers; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add the milk mixture and stir just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the Heath Bar bits.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups; bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in tins before removing to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store airtight at room temperature.